Saturday, August 8, 2009

The end of summer break closing in


Big day yesterday. This huge mess was only a fraction of it. There is more to this room and it to was covered in piles of clothes. Before a new school year gets started we pull out all the kids clothes in the house. From drawers, closets, hiding places in bedrooms and the laundryroom and boxes of clothes waiting for the kids to grow into them. All the clothes go into a bedroom and the kids try on every piece of clothing and model it to me runway style down the hall and into the Livingroom, where I take them and put them in the appropriate pile. This starts off so fun and the kids love it. Before we get done everyone is tired of it and I have to encourage them to keep moving. After all this the last thing I want to do is put all these clothes away. But I certainly can't leave the place looking like this. It was making me crazy just looking at it long enough to get through the fashion show. After all this I'll have a good list of what each child still needs for school. So as I am getting everything in it's place, sweet hubby is starting a fire in the backyard so we can roast hotdogs and marshmallows. Tater has been asking for this all summer. We had a great time cooking out and after the fire was out in we went to get cleaned up and into pajamas to watch a movie the kids have been wanting to see. Ahhh, summer days. I am not ready for school to get started yet.

1 comment:

  1. ah yes the fun fo trying on clothes lasts about 15 minutes doesn't it. Then its not fun for them or me any longer. I have a love hate relationship with kids clothes.

    ReplyDelete